Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Risotto and life

Yesterday I made risotto with shrimps and cilantro. The key for cooking rice is the broth, so I had made a chicken broth in the morning. I had high expectations because I had not made rissoto in a long time. In my risottos I use wine and garlic (nothing especial about that the recipe calls for them) and chicken broth, the rest is whatever I want to put on it. When I finished pouring the broth and adding the shrimps, green onions, celery, and cilantro I tested it and I did not like it. It lacked flavor. Cooking, I tell my children, is about being patient, about mixing flavors, about caring for the ingredients, about joy: I put all of those in this risotto and it did not work out. I think I missed the salt when I made the chicken broth: life is in the details.

Digg this

No comments: