Monday, May 12, 2008

Journeys and Destinations

I tell my students that their thinking process (in general) do not belong to the papers they write for me: a paper is about (in general) the argument and the evidence, not about their actual thinking process. The kind of thing I am doing here does not belong to a paper about the development of empirical practices at the House of Trade (Casa de la Contratacion) in Seville, Spain between 1520s and 1570s. I am still uncertain about the rules of this (my) blog; I am still uncertain about the rules of my twitter (depapel) postings. I am learning about these tools; I like them, but I still feel I am much more concerned with the thinking process than the result of the process: it is true, however, that I prefer the journey.

Digg this

No comments: