Sunday, April 27, 2008

Playing Time

In the morning, I coached my daughter’s football (as in soccer) team. I told them soccer was called football (as in fútbol) almost everywhere else in the world (but the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). If they travel one day outside the USA, they will know, when people talks about football, they mean people hitting a ball with their feet. Traveling is about gaining familiarity with new vocabularies, with new ways of mixing ingredients, and with types of lights and colors unimaginable. Cubans, it seams, will be able to travel soon, if the reforms in traveling are implemented as the Cuban government intends to do. The team (it was our first meeting) did well. Later, my daughter an I played in the backyard. We had a beautiful day in Macondo, NY.

Digg this

No comments: